Saturday, December 1, 2012

I got my Wii U (and Nintendo Land)

Well, I haven't posted anything in a week or so, and hopefully you'll understand that it's for a perfectly valid reason- I got my Wii U.

I was going to do the typical Mario fan thing and just get Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U with my new console, but I then I found an awesome deal that got me Tekken Tag Tournament 2 half price! Unfortunately, I have only really played Nintendo Land enough so far to forge an opinion on the game, and that opinion is- it is AWESOME!



Nintendo Land may only have 12 attractions in it, but those attractions are insanely fun and actually each have quite a few stages, improving longevity. While my favourite attractions may be Animal Crossing: Sweet Day and Metroid Blast!, this IS a blog about Mario, and i've played Mario Chase to death! For those of you who don't know, Mario Chase is a minigame which is essentially a form of tag where four players chase down Mario, who is playing off the gamepad. As the chasers can't see the Gamepad, they have no idea where Mario is and have to hunt him down and catch him themselves. While Mario Chase is fun, it only has three stages, and you can probably see all the attraction has to offer within half an hour. Still, I have played it well over that amount of time, and it is incredibly addictive. While new players can pick this up quickly, it takes a long time to get to the point where everyone can co-operate to a point where they can corner and capture Mario together.

That is just one of twelve attractions in Nintendo Land, and the rest are just as great! Although, it is important to remember that only 6 attractions are multiplayer. Still, it is a game that I would definitely recommend alongside New Super Mario Bros. U, which I may do a mini review of later.

No comments:

Post a Comment